About Gary & Mary Young
Over 20 years of experience, focused on quality of life and product while empowering others.
Gary found the benefits of essential oils over 2 decades ago, and he traveled the world to learn more about distillation techniques. He took this knowledge and education and created Young Living in 1994. What started as a small operation has reached to countries all over the world, and has reached millions of people.
Mary is the CEO of Young Living, and she has used her skills to maintain growth and strength in a quickly-growing international company. She mentors and empowers those around her to achieve their goals (both professionally and personally). Her kindness and compassion for others leads the philanthropic efforts of Young Living and serves as the center of the Young Living mission.
The Young Living Foundation
The mission of the D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation is to empower individuals to achieve their potential and defy limitations by providing wellness and education opportunities to underserved communities.
The Young Living Foundation has a goal to create and run their own projects and work with partners in order to create long-standing change. At the center of each project is the final goal for each individual to positively impact their families and communities for generations. It has a few ways of accomplishing these goals:
- Identify: Seeking to search for and find critical problems that don't receive enough attention.
- Evaluate: After finding a problem or issue, they determine whether they should partner with a strong nonprofit or if they would do better to tackle the problem on their own.
- Collaborate: If working with another organization, the YL Foundation takes an active role in the project, providing real jobs to local leaders and staffing employees who understand the resources needed to achieve the maximum results.
- Innovate: Within the collaboration, it is integral to think of outside-the-box ideas yet also to find the simplest and easiest-to-maintain product.
- Achieve: The biggest issue in charity work is the distribution of goods and services to those who need it. The Young Living Foundation either personally is on the ground doing this (often Gary Young and his sons are present during these times), or they closely work with their collaborators.
Through countless natural disasters and devastating events, the Young Living Foundation has done an outstanding job at truly changing lives around the globe for the better.